Fiction, Military, Political Thrillers, Non-Fiction, Biographies / Memoirs
About the Author
During his time in the military, Don Helin served at a number of stateside posts as well as overseas in Vietnam and Germany. He is the author of seven thrillers that draw from his military experience, including three tours in the Pentagon. He writes for TheBurg, a community magazine based in Harrisburg.
Don is the editor of the new anthology, VOICES FROM THE PANDEMIC. 2020 has brought changes in everyone’s life. Read the memoirs of healthcare workers, educators, writers and entertainers, people who have experienced loss, and a special group — elementary school students — to better understand what this period has meant to all of us.
His novel, Secret Assault, was selected as the Best Suspense/Thriller at the 2015 Next Generation Indie Book Awards. His novel, Long Walk Home, won a Five Star review at Readers Favorite Awards and his latest novel, Roof of the World, was a finalist in the 2020 Next Generation Indie Book Awards.
You can reach Don at: www.donhelin.com
Zoom Into Books Presentations
Coming Soon to Zoom Into Books YouTube Channel
- Travel Writing for fun and Profit
- During these troubled days, consider documenting your story in a memoir.
- The importance of believable villains.
- Newspapers, Magazines or Television: Stories ripped from the headlines.
- Flawed or Too Perfect.
- First Sentence, first page, first chapter. Watch HERE
- Point of View and Dialogue. Who’s telling the story and what are they saying?
- Passport to Panic Watch Here
- Memoir Workshop – Research and Story Structure in the New Normal
- Memoir Workshop – First Sentence, first page, first chapter. How to hook your reader?
- Memoir Workshop – How to Develop Believable Characters and Interesting setting.
- Memoir Workshop – Point of View and Dialogue. Who’s telling the story and what are they saying?
Books by Don Helin
Contact Don Helin at www.DonHelin.com